Frequently asked questions
1. What is Physio+ Covid-19 Pre-cautionary Measures?
1) Any staff who is unwell are not allowed to report to work and will consult a doctor immediately.
2) All staff will be taking their temperature daily and will be wearing a surgical mask and medical gown at all times.
3) Patients who are unwell and display fever and respiratory symptoms (flu, runny nose, cough, difficulty breathing) are advised to stay at home and reschedule their appointment, and they will be asked to leave the clinic should they choose to attend.
4) Our clinic goes by appointment basis to keep minimal waiting time and to minimize patients in the waiting area.
5) All visitors are required keep their mask on at all times and they need to do Safe Entry check-in upon entering our premise.
6) All our clinic’s equipment is sanitized and wiped down with disinfectants after each use.
5. What are the payment options available?
4. Will the treatment hurt?
They may make use of manual therapy, dry needling, electrotherapy and/or shockwave therapy during your treatment and
You may encounter no or some slight discomfort depending on the severity of their condition.
It is therefore important for you to communicate the intensity of pain to the therapist in order for them to adjust the treatment plan if required.
3. How long does each session takes?
2. Do I need a referral letter from a doctor?
You do not need a doctor’s letter. However, if you were provided with a doctor’s referral, please bring it along with you attend your first physiotherapy treatment.